(Left click image for larger view)
Ocean Safety ISO 9650-1 liferaft
Read the review in Sailing Today
Approved for 2 year service.
We pride ourselves on fast turnaround when your liferaft is due for service.
We offer same day service if required.* Simply give us a call and make a booking.
Specifically designed for offshore use, the Ocean Safety ISO liferafts meet the requirements of:
- ISO 9650-1 International Standards Organisation
- NSCV. National Standards for Commercial Vessels (Replaces USL)
- ISAF. International Sailing Federation
- YA. Yachting Australia
Available in 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 person sizes
Click on links below for more information
- Download brochure
- Equipment pack options
- Stainless steel cradle
- Liferaft review
- Abandon ship
- Video of liferaft demonstration
- High visibility colours.
- Superior boarding system.
- Water ballast exceeds ISO requirements:
- 4, 6 & 8 man = 4 x 75L = 300L
- 10 & 12 man = 6 x 75L = 450L
- Vacuum packing.
- SOLAS Approved lithium lighting systems.
- A self-erecting canopy fitted with high-density retro reflective tape for easy detection at night.
- An internal ladder coupled with a boarding platform allows you to slide on board more easily.
- Three independent buoyancy chambers (including arch).
- Standard recommended service interval of 2 years.
- Rainwater collector.
- Observation and ventilation port.
- Heavy duty drogue and line.
- Pictorial instructions printed on the raft.
- Designed, tested and made in the UK
- Ration bags containing regulatory safety equipment such as: food rations, water provisions, signalling equipment etc.
Buoyancy - New high tenacity nylon coated PU in a sandwich construction, providing a greater wear resistance and a longer service life. - Highly visible yellow buoyancy for maximum visual impact.
Canopy - PU coated nylon for a longer life.
Buoyancy - Tubular construction ensuring only 2 internal seams are used, significantly reducing abrasive damage during use. - New inflation system tested to SOLAS standard.
Floor - Fully bonded floor allowing repairs during use whilst maintaining full insulation.
Cellular foam floor with aluminium coating
A particularly innovative sandwich design incorporates a cellular foam layer between a fabric base and aluminium film top layer. The layer of aluminium film reflects back natural body heat providing protection and insulation from the cold of the water. This system offers superior insulation, lighter weight and needs no inflation system to work compared to an old-fashioned inflatable floor which may be easily punctured.
Valise or canister?
Ocean Safety liferafts are available in either a valise or a canister. When possible, a canister is recommended to offer the best protection against wear and tear and the elements. A canister can be left on deck or mounted in the stern of a sailing yacht. A liferaft in a valise should be protected from the elements and care should be taken to keep it clear from sharp objects. It will need to be stowed in a location that permits it to be brought on deck quickly and easily.
Dimensions below are for liferafts packed with <24hr pack.
|Liferaft Cannister <24hr pack||Liferaft Valise <24hr pack|
(Valise sizes can vary by 30mm)
|Size||Dimensons (cm)||Weight (kg)||Dimensons (cm)||Weight (kg)|
|4 person||710 x 485 x 280||34||700 x 490 x 270||29|
|6 person||795 x 525 x 310||42||74 x 49 x 27||36|
|8 person||795 x 525 x 310||46|
|10 person||885 x 515 x 295|
|12 person||885 x 515 x 295|