Liferaft deck mounting kit
Kit for mounting your liferaft on the deck.
- UV resistant injection moulded deck chocks.
- Adjustable webbing lashings.
- Stainless steel pad eyes.
- Stainless steel snap shackle.
- 70cm cord 300kg for tying snap shackle to webbing lashings.
When deciding on where and how to stow your liferaft, the following key points need to be remebered:
- Start by accepting that one day you might actually need to use your liferaft and in that instance, all your earlier thoughts about it being heavy, unsightly, and a general nuisance will be the last thing you consider.
- Assume that the raft is going to be deployed by the weakest members of your crew.
- Assume that you will need to deploy your liferaft rapidly.
- If you are going to mount your raft on the deck ensure that the deck kit is strong enough to contain the raft in heavy weather with solid water moving over the deck.
- If your liferaft is stowed on the coach roof or somewhere similar, think about the plan for moving it to the deck edge in a heavy sea with the yacht moving wildly. Carrying liferafts, especially anything above an 8 person is difficult at the best of times so consider the risks of doing it on a pitching deck.