Pains Wessex MK9 light and smoke marker
The Pains Wessex Manoverboard MK9 Compact Lifebuoy Marker is normally mounted on a ship's bridge wing attached to a 4 kg lifebuoy.
It is automatically or manually deployed to mark the position of a person in the water by day or night.
Featuring a self-activated LED lighting system which exceeds SOLAS requirements for 2 candela light output and 2 hours duration, plus providing 15 minutes of dense orange smoke. Ships are required to fit at least two markers.
- Day and night signal attached to 4kg lifebuoy and used in emergency to mark
position of man overboard.
- Provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke.
- Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration.
- Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water.
- Lithium battery sealed for life - no annual replacement.
- Automatic or manual deployment.
- Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Usually mounted on a ships bridge wing.
- Tested to survive a 60m drop into water (SOLAS 30m).
- Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high free-board.
- Height: 375mm (14.76 inches)
- Diameter: 183mm (7.20 inches)
- Weight: 3.3Kg (7.27 lbs)
- Weight – including bracket: 3.85Kg (8.5lbs)